An auto accident can greatly ruin your life especially when there are injuries incurred. Besides the need to heal, Los Angeles auto accident attorney you also want to recover losses ensuing from the auto accident. This is the time you need a shoulder to lean on, time for moral, emotional and financial support. Why go through the hassle when an experienced Los Angeles auto accident attorney can help you through the legal process?
Let’s have a look at the necessary details when hiring an auto accident attorney.
Do you need an auto accident lawyer?
Higher chances are you do. Los Angeles auto accident attorney Auto accidents are common in Los Angeles with a majority causing minor car damages. Such instances are handled directly by insurance providers thus no need for an attorney. However, this may not be the same case in accidents resulting in a personal injury.Los Angeles auto accident attorney
Below are reasons to hire an attorney after an accident:
1. There are time limitations for filing a lawsuit.
In most cases, the statue of confines for suing ranges between one to two years. Beyond there, there are zero chances to file an auto accident claim.
2. For a better understanding of state laws
Rules and regulation concerning auto accidents vary from state to state. A local experienced attorney can help provide insight on the laws within your state.
3. Acting in accordance with certain rules
There are certain procedures you need to comply with when filing a lawsuit. For instance, you must file a police report within specified periods. It’s only an auto lawyer who understands the local laws concerning the same. The lawyer is the best shot to ensure you do things in the right manner so as to safeguard your rights to file a claim.
4. Knowing all of your possible damages.
An auto accident presents many possible damages to injured victims. With the skills of a Los Angeles auto accident lawyer, chances are you may not know your prospective lawful rights.
5. Insurance providers have no intentions to pay
You may think insurance firms have the best interests for the clients but it’s never the same case. They will do everything to lower their overheads by cutting costs. Only an expert auto attorney has your interests at heart.
6. Handling the complex paperwork
Without the right documents, there are zero chances of winning a case in court. Filing a claim is more than declaring your intent to take legal action. It’s a complex process involving lots of evidence. Only a proficient attorney can guide you through the whole journey.
7. Corroborating evidence is never easy
Even with hundreds of eyewitnesses, proving liability can be challenging. Many factors are considered before you win a claim. A lawyer will provide references and quotations to back up the case.
What to look for in an auto accident lawyer
Therefore ensure you look for an attorney who is well versed with your case as well as the state laws. The lawyer should be skilled in dealing with health and insurance providers. You should also check the lawyer’s track of record and references from reliable sources.
Important questions to ask an auto accident attorney
Create a list of important issues to discuss with your attorney before the first consultation. Such questions will help you understand the attorney and make a decision about whether to hire them or not.
Examples of such questions include;
• Are you experienced in representing auto accident cases?
• How long have you been in the legal field?
• Which bar or organization do you belong to?
• Do you only focus on auto accident lawsuits?
• How many cases have you successfully represented so far?
• How long will it take to finalize my case?
• Are there chances of a trial?
• What is your honest assessment of the claim?
• What is likely to work for or against my case?
• How long do you take to respond?
• How will I reach you?
• Who will personally manage my case?
• Do you offer progressive reports?
• On what basis do you charge?
• Are there any hidden costs?
• Will I still pay if we lose the case?
When to hire an auto accident attorney
Time is of the essence when it comes to hiring a lawyer. The earlier you do it, the better your chances of avoiding future mistakes. Also, filing a claim should take place within the first year. That said, you need to hire a lawyer shortly after the auto accident.